Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cannon Beach 2008


I come to THIS PARTICULAR part of the Pacific Ocean on the Oregon coast to breathe. Every year I get the privilege of spending a week at the Windwistle cabin in Cannon Beach, OR with all my sisters...i.e. my mama and my aunt mommy, her daughters (my cousin-sisters) and my sister. It never ceases to be a time of fresh air amidst the craziness of life and I am forever grateful to my grandma Mamie who started the tradition 23 years ago. So, this week of my life is something I look forward to each year and figure every possible way to get myself there when the time comes again. I come to the sea to breathe...to fall asleep to the sound of waves pounding against the beach, to sit by the big fire place and read a good book as the fire crackles ("everyone go grab five pieces of wood"), to go for early morning walks on the beach, and to drink good coffee (for me a chai tea or hot chocolate). But most importantly I go to Cannon Beach to re-connect with family and touch base with my roots. I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! 

2 comments:

lizzyashby davidaaron said...

i need to post some beach pictures.

shrink em all up so i can wear em as earrings, and shake em around on my neck, love it love it love it

K.J.H. said...

okay will do....i still gotta figure out how to make the website look prettier...on to other things for the day:)